8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Feel like a real-life explorer as you get off the beaten path to spend hours of hiking, swimming and exploring in Puerto Rico’s El Yunque rainforest. Journey into the beautiful tropical scenery of this lush national park as you hike, visit the amazing mountain views and enjoy a natural waterslide where you can zoom 20 feet (6 meters) into a pool of sparkling water below. The more adventurous can even jump from a 40-foot (12-meter) cliff! Finish your day with an authentic Puerto Rican lunch. Your El Yunque trip also includes round-trip hotel transport, a certified tour guide, national park fees and bottled water.
- Family friendly
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Puerto Rico Tourism Company Certified Tour Guide
National Park fees, taxes, fees and handling charges
USCG certified Lifejackets
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for participants with back or knee problems, previous injuries or surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions
- Hiking shoes or tennis with good grip is required (closed toe), water shoes are also recommended to bring along.
- You must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour
- This is a moderate to strenuous activity, that may not be suitable for everyone. Please ensure you read and understand all this activity entails.
- Wear swimsuit underneath, bring a towel and a change of clothes.
- Not suitable for pregnant women past their first trimester or elderly persons with mobility issues.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Minimum age is 7 years to participate
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. A Private tour would be the most appropriate option on these cases.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour, there are no locker facilities. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions, being disruptive or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this. Read more about El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour 2021 - San Juan - https://www.viator.com/tours/San-Juan/El-Yunque-Off-the-Beaten-Path-Hiking-Tour/d903-9406P21?mcid=56757
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Other
Is lunch included in the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Lunch is not included, however, after the hike, we will stop for a lunch break at local restaurant (at your own expense) before heading back to San Juan.
How strenuous is the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have balance to walk on uneven surfaces without assistance.
Can pregnant women participate in the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Due to safety concerns, Pregnant ladies past their first trimester are not permitted to participate.
Can I bring my children on the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
What should I wear for the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing. Hiking AND water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis shoes with a good grip also work (no flip flops or sandals).
Should I eat before the El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:Yes, be sure to have a good breakfast before we depart as we will be having a late lunch stop.
What happens if the weather is bad on the day of my El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:This tour is subject to weather and river conditions. In the event of cancellation we will offer other options, to reschedule or provide refund.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during From San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during From San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during From San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during From San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
From San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsUnique ExperiencesHikingNature and WildlifeClimbingWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesSan JuanCategory
San Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan) Tours & TicketsSan Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista) Tours & TicketsBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi) Tours & TicketsMuseum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte) Tours & TicketsChapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo) Tours & TicketsPaseo de la Princesa Tours & TicketsCastillo San Cristobal Tours & TicketsMercado de Río Piedras Tours & TicketsPonce Tours & TicketsRio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) Tours & TicketsLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré) Tours & TicketsIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos) Tours & TicketsPalomino Island Tours & TicketsCastillo San Felipe del Morro Tours & TicketsIsla Verde Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas) Tours & TicketsFine Arts Miramar Tours & TicketsPine Grove Beach Tours & TicketsLa Calle Loiza Tours & Tickets