- Ride a power catamaran to a gorgeous reef and nature preserve
- Spend the afternoon at a deserted Caribbean island beach: Flamenco or Culebrita Island
- Swim in crystal-clear waters and relax on a white sand beach
- Enjoy complimentary drinks and a scrumptious buffet lunch!
Departure & Return
If you are driving or have other transportation arrangements, please meet us in PUERTO DEL REY MARINA 45 minutes prior to departure time for check-in. There is free parking at the marina close by the boat departure area.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your day trip with optional pickup from select hotels in San Juan, and head for your catamaran cruise leaving from Puerto del Rey ferry terminal in Fajardo. Soak up the sun on the short ride on your speedy vessel, refreshment already in hand, and take in the amazing views of the nearby Cordillera Islands Nature Reserve along the way.
The first stop of the day takes you to the pristine Carlos Rosario or Luis Peña underwater nature reserve, just off the western shore of Culebra, for fantastic snorkeling (bring your own equipment) among the area’s beautiful aquatic environment.
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, enjoy a delicious buffet spread including tropical cocktails, soda, juice, iced tea, fresh fruit, gourmet pasta salad, coleslaw or bean salad, freshly baked bread, sliced meats (turkey, ham, pastrami or salami), seafood or chicken salad, sliced cheese, chips and cookies.
From there, take a short sail to one of Culebra’s unspoiled beaches for an afternoon of sunbathing, swimming and beach combing. Depending on weather conditions, your captain will take you to one of two choices: the stunning Flamenco Beach, situated on Culebra’s main island, or the half-mile long beach at Culebrita, a small islet that offers beautiful views of nearby Saint Thomas.
Finish your day with a return cruise to Fajardo, arriving back at the marina to make your own way home or via optional hotel transport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 5 years
- It is recommended that you bring a towel and swimsuit underneath beach clothes
- All participants must know how to swim
- Please note: water can be choppy due to weather condition
- Note: if your hotel is located outside of the pickup area, an additional fee will be required before date of travel. Transportation is provided from the San Juan Area only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Groups can be from 40 to 60 passengers.
- Due to the pandemic we are not providing snorkeling equipment until further notice. You may bring you own equipment or purchase upon check in so you can snorkel at the reef area or at the beach.
- Due to the pandemic the buffet lunch is now a packed lunch.
- NOTE: Please contact us 48 hours prior to the date of the tour to receive more details and information regarding changes due to new COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY East Island Excursions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It tends to get a bit choppy, so be aware." See review