- 2-hour guided Segway tour around Old San Juan
- See more than 25 top attractions like Darsenas Square, the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista and the City Wall
- Learn about Old San Juan’s history and military legacy from a knowledgeable guide
- Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Pier 2, Old San Juan, across from cvs pharmacy Segway office
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your group at Pier 2 in Old San Juan, the tour’s departure point. Your meeting time will vary depending on the tour option you select, leaving at either 10am, 1pm or 4pm. First grab your helmet and get a safety lesson on using the two-wheeled Segway from your guide, and take some time to get familiar with starting and stopping. From there you’re ready to roll, heading out into the streets of this picturesque colonial district.
Move along the area’s cobblestone streets and colorful facades, stopping for photos and for a military history lesson from your guide. Soon you’ll reach Darsenas Square, which provides panoramic views of modern San Juan and its bay, and then see the remains of the San Juan Gate, where you'll hear about the crucial role the city’s harbor once played in maritime defense.
Continue your ride along the hilly streets, stopping to admire the imposing walls of La Muralla, a 3-mile (5 km) long and 140-foot (43 m) high barrier that once served as the linchpin of Old San Juan’s military defenses.
Your tour then moves past some additional monuments, including the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista, site of the remains of famous Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon, who searched for the Fountain of Youth, as well as the Ballaja infantry barracks and the cannon battery of La Perla, which was eventually turned into a slaughterhouse. After a few more attraction stops, your tour finishes back at the departure point.
See the full list of tour stops on the itinerary below.
• Darsenas Square
• US landmarks (customs house, Coast Guard, a federal court)
• Ancient cobblestone streets, colonial neighborhoods and houses
• The Princess promenade
• Heritage Monument
• The Princess jail
• Narrowest house in Old San Juan
• Roots Monument
• Growth Monument
• The Fortaleza
• City Wall of San Juan
• Queen Isabella Monument
• San Juan Gate
• Rogativa Monument
• Ponce de Leon's mansion wall
• Visual Arts College
• Castillo San Felipe del Morro
• Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis Cemetery
• Ballaja infantry barracks
• Servants of Mary Order
• Goats Island
• La Perla
• Dominican Convent, now the National Gallery
• Totem Pole
• Bacardi Distillery (seen across the San Juan Bay)
• San Cristobal Fort (seen from Castillo San Felipe del Morro)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Weight restrictions: 100-pound (45-kg) minimum, 260-pound (117-kg) maximum
- A maximum of 6 people per tour
- All passengers must bring a government issued photo ID or passport
- All passengers must sign a safety waiver
- Flat shoes required and no long skirts are allowed
- Use of helmet required for all passengers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Segway Tours and Media PR Inc
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Old San Juan Segway PT tour 10:30am and 1pm or Segway Kickscooter Tour 4pm.