- Learn how to surf right outside of Waikiki in Oahu
- All equipment—a surfboard, reef shoes, and rash guard—included
- Choose from multiple family surf lesson packages to suit your needs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included for a stress-free family activity
Departure & Return
The meet location is near to the Barefoot Beach Café. If you google the Barefoot Beach Café you will be able to find us easily. Look for our Surf School Bus™ vehicles and black Mercedes Sprinter van. If you are driving down and need to park your car, bring quarters for the meters.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Family lessons require at least one child 12 or younger and one of their parents. Additional family members may be added.
- If a student needs to be on the same board as the instructor then the child will need his/her own private instructor. Often children 6 and under may be on a tandem lesson, although if older kids feel uncomfortable in the ocean, then a tandem lesson helps them feel safer and is recommended for them as well.
- If any participants cannot swim please advise the staff ahead of time as a private lesson may be recommended.
- If any participants have any medical conditions or injuries that we should be aware of please advise the staff ahead of time.
- If you are prone to seasickness, you may want to take a remedy you are accustomed to using before the lesson (talk to your doctor for recommendations).
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- These lessons are a ratio of 1 instructor for every 3/4 family members.
- All of our written materials are also available in Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. We will do our best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese speaking-instructors with enough advance notice.
- Please come prepared for the lesson by wearing your bathing suit, bringing a towel and making sure to apply sunscreen ahead of time.
- Most travelers can participate
- Complimentary transportation is available from select locations in Waikiki. Exact pick-up location and time will be emailed to you by the supplier.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ohana Surf Project
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff