2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Watch for whales and dolphins off Newport Beach aboard a double-decker catamaran with bow seating and 360-degree views. A diverse array of marine wildlife thrives in the protected area just outside Newport Bay, and you'll have the chance to see humpbacks, gray whales, finback whales, blue whales, seals, and several species of dolphins. The boat has a 96% success rate spotting whales or dolphins, making this a great way to explore California wildlife in a gorgeous natural environment.
- Wildlife-watching cruise in a two-deck catamaran
- See native wildlife in the Newport Bay
- Enjoy views of the California coast from the water
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Saved to wishlist!
Landing and facility fees
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
309 Palm St, Newport Beach, CA 92661, USA
Located on the Balboa Boardwalk in Newport Beach. Suite A.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 144 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newport Landing Whale Watching
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Wet day trip, wee bit bumpy, nice boat trip but slas no whales for us, did see a few dolphins and sea lions though so still worth it" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise
1 hour 15 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursKid FriendlyOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNewport BeachNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaWhale Watching - CaliforniaCategory