- Sunrise trip to Haleakala on Maui
- See the sun rise over Haleakala crater
- Breathtaking views of Maui at sunrise
- Scenic drive through Kula District
- Professionally narrated tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at Maui hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Start your trip in the dark of the very early morning with a pickup at your Maui hotel. You’ll then continue by air-conditioned minibus on a scenic drive passing the Kula District. and Maui’s rare silversword plants.
Arriving at the Haleakala National Park, steadily climb by minibus up Haleakala to 9,740 feet elevation to the Visitor Center. You’ll see Maui’s rare and endemic silversword plants that poignantly bloom once, then perish. You’ll also witness the sunrise from the Visitor Center area. The views from Haleakala are nothing short of spectacular. Writer Mark Twain, upon visiting the peak in 1866, wrote that the volcano was “the most sublime spectacle I ever witnessed and the memory of it will remain with me always.”
Observe the first rays of the new day slowly creep across the distant horizon. Soon the sky fills with the majestic glow of the new day, and the warm beams of light creep across the island of Maui, illuminating the land below. It’s a sight you’re sure to remember for many years to come.
At the end of your morning sunrise experience you’ll head to breakfast at a local restaurant and then receive a drop-off back at your Maui hotel, tired but thrilled by your amazing morning trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please contact the tour provider at minimum of 7 days prior to the tour date for ADA and all special requests.
- Haleakala is known for rapidly changing weather conditions and dense clouds and rain are common. As a result, clear viewing of the sunrise is not guaranteed, and the tour operates rain or shine. Refunds will be granted only when the tour is cancelled for safety reasons.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The high altitude at the summit area may complicate health conditions and breathing difficulties. Elderly visitors, pregnant women, young children, and those with respiratory or heart conditions should consult their doctor prior to touring. Walk slowly and drink water to avoid dehydration. If you have gone scuba diving, you should wait at least 24 hours before going on this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews