Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy 180-degree views of Maui from a comfortable helicopter
- Soar over both East Maui and West Maui, and catch a glimpse of neighboring Molokai
- See the Hana Rainforest, Haleakala Crater, the West Maui Mountains and dozens of waterfalls
- Hear narration about Maui’s sights and history from a professional pilot-guide
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour with multiple departure times
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Come to the Kahului Heliport and Air Maui Helicopters is the last hanger on the left. ** Google Maps Plus Code VHRS8+2X **
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
Over the course of this helicopter tour, many of Maui’s most jaw-dropping spectacles emerge in front of the window, from the verdant valleys of the West Maui Mountains to inside Haleakala Crater. Buzz above the Hana coast and the famous Road to Hana, and see many more waterfalls and crystalline pools than you would from the seat of your car.
After cruising above the lunar landscape of Haleakala volcano, your pilot turns the helicopter towards the rugged West Maui Mountains. Hear the geology, history, and lore behind these sacred, forested ridgelines, and emerge at the fabled “Wall of Tears” that drips with dozens of falls.
While flying above the West Maui coast, get aerial views of neighboring Molokai and the legendary, 4,000 ft. sea cliffs, and in winter it’s sometimes even possible to spot Humpback whales from the sky.
Back on land at Kahului Heliport, you can purchase a souvenir a USB containing footage of your flight, complete with the pilot’s expert narration and Hawaiian music in the background.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, or combined weights of 420 lbs per couple, an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. It is important to provide accurate body weight at checkout.This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- It is recommend that all passengers wear dark clothing to help have less reflection in the windows when flying and therefore you can get better photos during your tour
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible. There is no wheelchair lift to accommodate wheelchair passengers nor can the staff personally/physically assist people into the helicopter
- Flight routes & sights may vary due to weather.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infants under 24 months must sit on an adult lap. Over 24 months must occupy their own paid seat. We follow the same FAA regulations as the airlines.
- Please contact Air Maui directly 808-877-7005 for your check in and departure time at least 72 hours prior to your flight!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Air Maui Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "We were fortunate to book an early a.m. flight, even though it meant getting up 'n at 'em earlier than usual from Ka'anapali." See review