6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Maligne Canyon offers some of the best ice-climbing conditions in Jasper—but this extreme sport requires lots of practise and specialist equipment. On this beginner-friendly tour, try your hand at ice-climbing under the watchful guidance of your trained instructor. With all technical gear included, climb the ice to the top of a frozen waterfall and reach corners of the Maligne Canyon inaccessible to most park visitors.
- Learner-friendly ice-climbing adventure in Jasper’s Malign Canyon
- Climb a frozen waterfall deep in the Jasper wilderness with your guide
- Explore parts of the Maligne Canyon many visitors miss
- All safety equipment is included on your tour
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
All technical gear (boots, crampons, helmets, ice tools)
Departure & Return
610 Patricia St, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Rockaboo Office, 610 Patricia street (upstairs)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rockaboo Mountain Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon
5 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Yellowhead Pass Tours & TicketsJasper Planetarium Tours & TicketsMedicine Lake Tours & TicketsMiette Hot Springs Tours & TicketsSunwapta Falls Tours & TicketsMount Robson Provincial Park and Protected Area Tours & TicketsColumbia Icefield Skywalk Tours & TicketsJasper SkyTram Tours & TicketsJasper Discovery Trail Tours & Tickets