- Whale and dolphin watching eco-safari from Dana Point
- Hop aboard a catamaran, and keep a lookout for whales, dolphins, and other sea creatures
- Enjoy on-going commentary along your safari from naturalists
- Check out the underwater viewing pods for a closer look at ocean life without disturbing the habitat
- Get sent off with a complimentary triple-fudge brownie
- Bring home souvenir photos and a DVD of your trip (own expense)
Departure & Return
Please check in upstairs at our waterfront Dolphin Deck building. We're located next to Baby Beach and OC Sailing & Events Center.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Board one of three catamarans—either Manute’a, DolphinSafari, or Lily. Keep your eyes open for sea lions, marine birds, and other creatures, as this is a great place to spot them.
As your captain takes you further out, your group spots dolphins, whales, and sometimes sharks. Some whales you might see on your journey include Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and occasionally Orcas (Killer Whales). Also, keep in mind, there are various species of wild dolphins that might cross your path, too.
As you cruise, enjoy commentary from a naturalist who fills you in on the sea creatures, their lifestyles, their natural habitats, and what’s being done to protect them. If you’d like, you can head down to the underwater viewing pods on your catamaran to catch sight of the ocean life from an underwater vantage point.
After your adventure, your boat docks back at the harbor, and you’re sent on your way with a complimentary triple-fudge brownie.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Entry into the Underwater Viewing Pods requires the use of ladder-like steps. Persons with a disability or limited mobility may have difficulty.
- Most travelers can participate
- Trip times may vary by date.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands