Explore our promoted experiences
- Horseback ride through Banff National Park
- Ride a horse to natural sulfur springs
- Ride along the Bow River or the Spray River (depending on option booked)
- Learn about the history of the national park from a guide
Departure & Return
The meeting point for the Bow River Ride is at Warner Stables, the big red stables located on Sundance Road in Banff.
What To Expect
If you chose to cover the Bow River area, head to the natural sulfur hot springs. Follow the trail, which loops around a marsh near the Bow River. As you ride, catch views of Mt. Norquay and the Cascade Mountain in the distance.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes enclosed to the ankle - no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Trail Riders
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.