Micro Masterpieces Art Gallery
Explore the Micro Masterpiece Art Gallery on a self-guided tour. Book your ticket in advance to guarantee entry and skip the lines, or opt for a combo pass that also includes the Medieval Torture Museum next door for extra savings. Each artwork at the gallery has its own lighted microscope, allowing visitors to see elaborate pieces such as the world’s smallest book, a portrait of William Shakespeare painted on a poppy seed, a tiny model shop, and a caravan of camels threading its way through the eye of a needle.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Micro Masterpiece Art Gallery is ideal for art enthusiasts and fans of the obscure.
Most works of art on display can only be viewed properly through a microscope.
The gallery is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
Located in historic Spanish Plaza in downtown St. Augustine, the gallery’s entrance is on the west side of St. George Street. There is no on-site parking, but parking is available nearby at the City Parking Garage and metered lots around downtown.
When to Get There
Open daily from midmorning until late at night, the Micro Masterpiece Art Gallery is rarely crowded. Allot around 30 to 60 minutes to fully view all the exhibits. As it’s air-conditioned, the gallery makes a good choice to escape the heat.
Medieval Torture Museum
Located next to the Micro Masterpiece Art Gallery (and run by the same company), the Medieval Torture Museum spans more than 4,000 square feet (372 square meters). Its macabre collection includes several hundred examples of reconstructed and historically accurate torture devices used in medieval times, complete with models of unfortunate victims.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Medieval Torture Museum
- Governor's House Cultural Center and Museum
- Colonial Quarter
- St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
- Flagler College
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- Potter's Wax Museum
- Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Father Miguel O'Reilly House Museum
- Oldest Wooden School House
- Lightner Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! St. Augustine
- González-Alvarez House (Oldest House Museum Complex)
- Whetstone Chocolates of St. Augustine