Seattle Cruise Port
Comprised of two cruise terminals—Smith Cove/ Pier 91 and Bell Street/ Pier 66—the Seattle Cruise Port is a vast complex which welcomes liners and numerous cargo vessels from around the world. After docking in Seattle, explore all the city has to offer, from coffee and seafood to Puget Sound and Olympic National Park.
After docking in Seattle Cruise Port, head to top attractions such as Pike Place Market, the towering Space Needle, or Pioneer Square independently or as part of a group or private guided tour. First-time visitors may prefer to go farther afield, enjoying shore excursion seaplane rides to admire Puget Sound from above; visits to Mount Rainier National Park; day trips to Olympic National Park; or Woodinville winery tours. Many include round-trip transportation for ease.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Oceania and Norwegian passengers should expect to dock at Bell Street, while Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, and Royal Caribbean cruisers dock at Smith Cove.
- Cruise passengers can enjoy special week-long parking rates at nearby parking lots in Seattle.
- Seattle Cruise Port offers complimentary luggage transfers between ship and the Seattle-Tacoma Airport.
- Hop-on hop-off buses make it easy to explore Seattle in a short space of time, passing by top attractions along the way. However, ferry rides are a great way to get to know the city.
- Both cruise terminals have ATMs, restrooms, and seating but no on-site cafés.
- Seattle is quite a rainy city, so prepare for the possibility of year-round rainfall.
How to Get to Seattle From the Seattle Cruise Port
If you're docking at the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal, Pike Place Market is only a 20-minute walk. However, passengers docking at the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 will need to take a shuttle or taxi to downtown Seattle, some 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away. Public transport is also available but Seattle is a very walkable city.
The currency is the US dollar; major credit cards are widely accepted, and there are ATMs throughout the city. Luggage storage is available at the cruise terminal, as are complimentary luggage transfers between Seattle Cruise Port and the Seattle-Tacoma Airport. Rental car services are also available.