Things to Do in San Juan This Fall
Although fall in San Juan includes the tail end of hurricane season, it can be a great time to visit. You’ll avoid the humidity of summer and the crowds of winter while still enjoying sunny weather and warm temperatures. If you are visiting San Juan between September and November, here are some suggestions for what to do.
- Soak up the atmosphere in the charming streets of Old San Juan on a walking tour.
- Embark on a hiking tour of El Yunque, the United States’ only tropical rain forest.
- Visit a bioluminescent bay and paddle through glowing water on a kayaking tour.
- Soar through the rain-forest canopy on a ziplining adventure.
- Spend the day snorkeling and sunbathing in paradise on a day trip to Culebra.
- Tour the Bacardi Distillery and enjoy a glass of rum at the source.
- Explore life underwater on a snorkeling tour.
- Maximize your time with a combination tour to both Rio Camuy Cave Park and Arecibo Observatory.
- Learn some new moves in a salsa dancing class.
- Head just out of the city to Hacienda Campo Rico, a former sugar-cane plantation surrounded by rain forest and mangroves.