Top San Francisco Air Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Get an aerial view of San Francisco’s most important landmarks on a seaplane tour that takes in the hills of wine country and the blue expanses of the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay. Read on for your options.
- Take to the air for a comprehensive tour of the Bay Area and see famous areas such as downtown San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Muir Woods, and more.
- Avoid the congestion of on-the-ground sightseeing by flying over San Francisco to see how the city fits into the greater context of the rugged California coastline.
- Opt for a combo tours to spot the city’s most important landmarks from the sky, then take off to Alcatraz Island.
- Choose a romantic seaplane tour for two to sip champagne in the sky at sunset.
- For an in-depth North Bay tour, explore Marin County by air and enjoy a private tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito, with included transportation, meals, and sparkling wine.
11 results | All San Francisco Tours
Sort by: Featured
Ride a GoCar all over San Francisco as it navigates for you and provides a guided tour. Take as long as you like to explore the city with a storytelling car as your guide — what Time Magazine has called "one of the coolest inventions of the year." Let this tiny car show you what the city is all about, learn about its history and visit sites like the Presidio, Coit Tower, Chinatown and Lombard Street. Pick up your car at one of two convenient locations: Union Square or Beach Street near Fisherman's Wharf.
If you’re short on time but still want to explore San Francisco’s most prized areas, this San Francisco Bay Helicopter Tour allows you to do just that. Fly above the city and its popular landmarks like Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge, as well as surrounding areas like Half Moon Bay. Plus, you’ll also get a glimpse of Alcatraz Island without having to take a boat—perfect for travelers who get sea sick.
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with a choice of 2 different passes. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 16 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Choose the Premium pass to include a night tour or a Deluxe pass for an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour.
Hop on a ‘70s-era VW bus and get to know the hippie past and hipster vibe that make up San Francisco today. Starting and ending at Fisherman’s Wharf, this 2-hour sightseeing tour takes you around the city, including Chinatown, North Beach, the Castro, the Mission, downtown and more. See the homes of The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, while listening to ‘60s classics. So settle into a neon-blue seat and dig your shoes into groovy shag carpet. Each bus accommodates up to just six people.
See the sights of San Francisco Bay from above on an air tour from the Hayward airport. As you fly through the sky on a 3-passenger plane with an experienced pilot, look down on attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and downtown San Francisco.
Drive down one of the most scenic roads in California on this full-day tour from San Francisco. Cruise along the coast-hugging Highway 1, passing the mansions of Pebble Beach on the iconic 17-Mile Drive. Enjoy free time to explore Monterey, where you can stroll down Steinbeck’s Cannery Row or visit the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Browse the ritzy boutiques of Carmel-by-the-Sea and get a glimpse of Silicon Valley’s tech campuses on the return drive to San Francisco.
For one of the best wine country tours from San Francisco, combine a visit to Northern California wine country with a Muir Woods experience for a truly fabulous day out. This Super Saver provides two popular tours at one discount price, allowing you to see and taste the delights of Marin, Sonoma and Napa counties. You’ll begin with a walk through Muir Woods National Monument with an informative guide to stare up in wonder at the towering redwood trees. Then you'll visit three wineries, with wine-tasting included. You’ll also cross the Golden Gate Bridge and have free time on Sonoma Plaza to buy lunch if you haven't opted to upgrade to the lunch option.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Fly in a helicopter over San Francisco's most famous landmarks on this scenic tour. Fly over the city's neighborhoods, then head for Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue towards Angel Island and the Marin Headlands while you enjoy choreographed musical accompaniment and informative commentary from your expert pilot.
Enjoy epic aerial views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz, among other city highlights, on this 1-hour guided air tour. Fly from the suburb of Hayward in a Cessna with a pilot/guide at the helm, who will fill you in on the history and culture of the city through guided commentary in English or Spanish.
The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay Bridge, Alcatraz, and Coit Tower are must-sees of San Francisco, but it can be difficult to see them all during one trip or outing. Prebook this San Francisco Sunset Flight Tour and see those sights and more in just one night. Enjoy flying over the city as the sun sets and take in some of the best views of all it has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Air Tours in San Francisco?
The best Air Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Air Tours in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Water
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Car Tours
- Classic Car Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- De Young Museum Tours & Tickets
- Sutro Baths Tours & Tickets
- Conservatory of Flowers Tours & Tickets
- Madame Tussauds San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- Contemporary Jewish Museum Tours & Tickets
- Huntington Park Tours & Tickets
- Nob Hill Tours & Tickets
- Macondray Lane Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Japantown Tours & Tickets
- Tomales Point Tours & Tickets
- Hyde Street Pier Tours & Tickets
- USS Pampanito Tours & Tickets
- War Memorial Opera House Tours & Tickets
- Angel Island Immigration Station Tours & Tickets
- Yerba Buena Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Tiburon Tours & Tickets
- Cliff House Tours & Tickets
- Ocean Beach San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- Mission District Tours & Tickets
- Cable Car Museum Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito