Marrakech Magic Theater
Known for greeting his guests at the door and encouraging audience participation, Jay Alexander prides himself on providing a comfortable and friendly atmosphere at the Marrakech Magic Theater. When you arrive, you’ll head first to the Oasis Lounge to purchase a drink or Moroccan-inspired hors d’oeuvres, if you wish. Then take your seat to enjoy the show.
Recent reviews from experiences in San Francisco
Things to know before you go
- A full bar is available including wine, Champagne, beer, and cocktails.
- Soda, mint tea, and Arabic coffee are also available.
- Business casual or festive attire is preferred.
- Pictures are allowed but video is prohibited.
- The old building that houses the theater is not ADA-compliant, but there is an elevator and the staff does everything possible to accommodate those with disabilities.
How to get there
The theater is on O’Farrell Street between Jones and Taylor streets, within walking distance of the Tenderloin, Nob Hill, and Union Square neighborhoods. Several MUNI bus lines stop nearby; the #38 and #27 are the closest. The Powell Street BART station is about four blocks away.
When to get there
Showtimes may vary, but there are typically two evening shows on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and one evening show on Sundays. The doors open one hour before showtime for drinks and appetizers; go early for the chance to enjoy some sleight-of-hand or other close-up magic.
Before or after the show, head to one of San Francisco’s most historic and elegant bars for a drink. The Redwood Room inside the Clift Hotel, just a block from the theater on Geary Street, dates back to the 1930s and features redwood paneling, a redwood bar, and furniture designed by Philippe Starck.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
- San Francisco Playhouse
- Barbary Coast Trail
- Market Street
- Union Square
- Huntington Park
- Ocean Beach San Francisco
- Nob Hill
- Grace Cathedral
- Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Asian Art Museum
- Yerba Buena Gardens
- Civic Center
- California Historical Society
- Children's Creativity Museum
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA)