San Diego Air & Space Museum
SDASM is located in Balboa Park, which is home to many other attractions, making it easy to visit during a day of sightseeing. If you plan to check out more museums, consider an attraction pass such as the Go San Diego Card to save time and money on admissions. The San Diego Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley stops in Balboa Park. The museum’s collection includes an Apollo command module, a model of a 1901 Wright Brothers glider, a Boeing satellite, a helicopter, and military planes such as the F/A-18 A Hornet Blue Angel.
Things to know before you go
- SDASM is ideal for families and a must for aviation buffs.
- Admission can be purchased online in advance so you don’t have to wait in the ticket line.
- A casual restaurant is open daily in the summer, and on weekends only at other times of the year.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available to use at no charge.
- Strollers can be used in the museum but are not available for rent.
How to get there
The museum sits in the southwest section of Balboa Park, just west of Park Boulevard along President’s Way. It’s accessible via bus 7 with stops along Park Boulevard. Parking is free in Balboa Park.
When to get there
The museum is open daily from late morning to late afternoon. It’s especially crowded on free-resident days, which take place on the second Tuesday of every month.
Balboa Park houses more than a dozen museums. A 10-minute walk from SDASM to El Prado will get you to the San Diego History Center, Fleet Science Center, San Diego Natural History Museum, Timken Museum of Art, the San Diego Museum of Art, the San Diego Art Institute, the San Diego Museum of Man, the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, the Museum of Photographic Arts, and the Mingei International Museum. The closest one to SDASM is the San Diego Automotive Museum, located just next door.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Sports Association
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion
- Balboa Park
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- San Diego Museum of Man (SDMM)
- Mingei International Museum
- El Prado
- Old Globe Theater
- San Diego Museum of Art (SDMA)
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRM)
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego History Center
- Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat)