Minute Maid Park
Minute Maid Park can accommodate up to 41,000 fans on game day, giving it an electric atmosphere anytime the Astros take the field. When there isn’t a home game (or in the morning before evening games), visitors can tour the park for a behind-the-scenes look at the broadcasting booth, press box, luxury suites, dugout and historic Union Station (now the main entrance). Many city sightseeing tours pass by the stadium en route to other attractions, but if you want to see inside, you’re best off visiting independently.
Things to know before you go
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing in case the roof is open.
- Photography is permitted in the park, but leave your tripods at home.
- Tours of the stadium last about an hour and involve climbing stairs and ramps. All tours are wheelchair accessible.
How to get there
The stadium is located in the heart of downtown Houston, between Congress, Crawford, Texas, and Milo Hamilton. Guided tours generally depart from the corner of Texas Avenue and Crawford Street. Parking is available on the street (metered) or in numerous area garages. To get there by public transportation, take the light rail to Convention District station or pick up bus lines 6, 20, 40, 41, 48, 82, 137, or 269.
When to get there
The best time to visit the stadium is during an Astros game; same-day tickets are often available, especially early in the season. Guided tours are offered Monday to Saturday on non-game days. Ticketed guests can take tours an hour prior to the door opening time for many evening games.
Sports in Houston
Houston is a top-notch sports city, with six professional teams. The Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash Major League Soccer teams play across the street from Minute Maid Park at PNC Stadium, while the Houston Rockets NBA team shoots hoops at the Toyota Center, also downtown. To cheer on the Houston Texans NFL team, head to the 71,500-seat NRG Stadium. The Houston SaberCats play Major League Rugby inside AVEVA Stadium in central southwest Houston.
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Sapa
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Missouri