Rand Nature Centre
The Rand Nature Centre sits on 100 acres of beautifully preserved land and is home to thousands on incredible bird species. The center draws bird-watchers year-round, especially on the first Saturday of every month, on which a guided bird walk is held.
In addition to the plentiful birds, the center has over 2,000 feet (610 meters) of well-maintained trail that allows visitors to wind through the stunning Bahamian wildlife and learn about the surrounding vegetation and environment.
Be sure to also visit the Gloria Banks Art Gallery, recently opened on the center grounds.
Being in the heart of Freeport, the Rand Nature Centre is definitely the most easily accessed national park in Grand Bahama. Because of its central location, the center can be reached by foot from anywhere in town.
There are guided tours offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30am, and the center welcomes you to take a self-guided tour at any time during the week. Be aware that the center is closed weekends and holidays.
Visit the gift shop for more information on the center and its protected species.
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Florida