Denver City Park
Denver City Park’s size, central location, and numerous attractions make it one of the most popular outdoor areas for visitors and locals alike. Numerous paths cater exclusively to pedestrians, and boathouses on Ferril and Duck lakes rent paddleboats for those who’d like to get out on the water. While the park is easily visited independently, travelers can also see the park’s highlights while zipping through on a guided scooter tour of Denver, with other stops at Coors Field, Union Station, Colorado State Capitol, and the Governor’s Mansion.
Things to know before you go
- Access to the park is free, but some of its attractions charge separate admission.
- Dogs are allowed in the park but must be on a leash at all times.
- Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat.
How to get there
City Park sits east of downtown Denver, bounded by York Street to the west, Colorado Boulevard to the east and East 23rd Avenue from north to south. The biggest parking areas are located off East 23rd Avenue and North Colorado Boulevard. Bus lines including #15, #20, and #40 stop near the park.
When to get there
The park remains open throughout the year, and there’s never really a bad time to visit. The paths and facilities tend to be quieter on weekdays. During the summer months, the park hosts free jazz concerts every Sunday evening. Come at night to see the fountain on Ferril Lake light up with colorful LED lights.
Denver’s City Park Neighborhood
Not only is the park itself a highlight of a trip to Denver, but the surrounding City Park neighborhood is also well worth exploring. Nearby Colfax Avenue boasts a bevy of hip shops and restaurants. At the north end of City Park, just across East 23rd Avenue, the public City Park Golf Course offers 18 holes near the heart of the city.
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri
- Denver Zoo
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Colorado State Capitol Building
- Denver Civic Center Park
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Denver Art Museum (DAM)
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Denver Mint
- Larimer Square
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo)
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park