Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus
Catering to children from newborn to age 8, the Children’s Museum of Denver is a fully interactive museum designed to inspire future leaders and adventurers. Exhibits encourage children to learn about nature, science, the arts, and more through hands-on fun. There’s also a daily offering of workshops and special activities like storytime, crafts, and even cooking classes for kids.
Save on admission with the Denver CityPASS, which also includes discounted admission to other family-friendly Denver attractions like the Downtown Aquarium and Denver Zoo. Kids can easily spend hours exploring the museum exhibits and parents will be just as entertained with the museum’s creative take on learning. Highlights include climbing a three-story “mountain” and scrambling through a Box Canyon, creating giant vapor-filled bubbles, and constructing robots out of recycled materials.
Things to know before you go
- The Children’s Museum of Denver is a must-do for families traveling with small children.
- Nursing and changing facilities are available at the museum.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times during the visit.
- The Museum Cafe serves food and drink, but you’re also welcome to bring your own snacks.
- All museum exhibits are wheelchair- and stroller-accessible.
How to get there
The Children’s Museum of Denver is located in northwest Denver, adjacent to Crescent Park, close to Mile High Stadium and Elitch Gardens. The museum is easily accessed via car from Interstate 25 and free parking is available at the museum on non-event days. Bus lines #10 and #32 have stops a short walk from the museum.
When to get there
The museum is open throughout the year, but may be closed on certain holidays, so it's advisable to check opening times before visiting. In addition to this, some days the museum is also open by reservation only. As it’s a popular attraction; visit in the late afternoon on weekdays to avoid the crowds.
Other Denver Family-Friendly Attractions
Downtown Denver is incredibly kid-friendly and there are dozens of places to take your kids. The nearby Downtown Aquarium is home to a huge display of fish and a mermaid show that kids will love and the Denver Firefighter Museum is another kid favorite. Other downtown family-friendly options include Elitch Gardens amusement park, the Denver Zoo, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, or catching a baseball game at Coors Field.
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri
- Downtown Aquarium
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo)
- Larimer Square
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver
- Denver Mint
- Denver Civic Center Park
- Denver Art Museum (DAM)
- Colorado State Capitol Building
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Denver City Park
- Denver Botanic Gardens