Romantic Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii
Home to some of Hawaii’s most beautiful scenery, the Big Island is the ideal place to get romantic. Here are a few of the best ways:
Surround Yourself with flowers
If you want something more impressive than a bouquet, arrange a traditional floral lei greeting when you land on the island or book a table at Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, where you can learn about orchids and even take one home as a souvenir.
Book a Couples Massage
For some romantic relaxation, there are plenty of Hawaii spas that offer couples massages. And if you don’t feel like heading out, many therapists come directly to your accommodation.
Fly Over the Island in a Helicopter
There are multiple options for travelers wanting to see the Big Island from above; choose between scenic sunset flights and helicopter rides that reveal the sea cliffs and waterfalls that line the Kohala Coast. Some itineraries even involve flying over molten lava flows.
Set Sail on Kealakekua Bay
No visit to the Big Island is complete without taking a trip on the water. Opt for a sunset dinner cruise or a more adventurous snorkeling trip in Kealakekua Bay; you may even spot spinner dolphins along the way.
Stare at the Stars from Maunu Kea
As the state’s highest point, Maunu Kea offers some of the best stargazing opportunities in the world—head up around sunset for beautiful views and prime stargazing.
5 Tours and Activities
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Romantic Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii